Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Automated Human Relations strikes killing blow - Match to HR

If you haven't read Human relations dept. strikes first blood. Point to HR, please read it now.

Back? Cool. I reformatted my resume/cover letter, submitted it to the automated HR program, set up a skills list, etcetera, and etcetera. Let's just say that it took a while. Quite a while. I invested a goodly amount of time in applying for the job. 32 seconds after finalizing the on-line application I get an email with this in it:

Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Koch and its
affiliated companies. Your answers to our initial qualifying
questions associated with the job to which you applied indicate that
your background and/or experience do not meet the minimum
requirements for this role. Blah blah.

That's several hours I'll never get back. At least I have the experience and the decent resume now. (Is that what losers say? "At least I got to run the race!")

Oh well, I was looking forward to fencing a little more with the all powerful HR.

No comments: