Thursday, August 9, 2007

Goodbye Mr. Froggy

Sad news today, the crippled frog has passed. I found him in the middle of the living room this morning. Apparently one of the dogs didn't want me to miss the fact. I don't really have the words to describe how I feel, so I'll use this edited excerpt from Monty Python's Dead Parrot sketch.

"E's passed on! This frog is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-FROG!"

3 comments:

JimR said...

At least you didn't have to nail him to the lily pad.

Livengood said...

Did he have burial at pond?

Xpopher said...

He had a nice paper bag in a roomy rubbish bin. We had no ships out to pond at the time, so it was the only way.