Saturday, August 11, 2007

Time off for good behavior

Today we're off to the lake for some relaxation and possibly to engage in some exotic red-neck courtship rituals, e.g. falling from a high-speed jet ski into a semi-submerged tree inhabited by poisonous reptiles of the family Ancistrodon piscivorus.

It should be a good time.


And I'll be unreachable until the swelling dies down and the bandages come off.




POST SCRIPT

Well, we made it back from the lake without encountering an Ancistrodon piscivorus, or a semi-submerged tree. Please notice that I did not mention the falling from a high speed jet ski. I didn't fall, I was ejected at about 35mph, sideways. I'm not in too much pain, just a bad rib that only hurts when I do something silly - like stand, or sit, bend, or breath. Dawn has only a headache, but she earned that and it was from the late night with Pabst Blue Ribbon.

So it's a slow Sunday for both of us, but that's what Sundays are for.

4 comments:

Livengood said...

Perhaps somedays, I shouldn't read this blog....

Livengood said...

I'm waiting .....

JimR said...

Looks like he survived, 'gainst all odds,

As for myself, I too am wrestling with a snake, Python, but it's far less intimidating on a screen at 12pt type.



Why is it I can get more work done on a sunday, when not at work, than monday-fri, at work, with people bugging me every 10 min.. oh

Livengood said...

Thanks for report, could have been worse... Don't strap/bind the ribs, we don't do that anymore.